Application note: Setting up luminometric cell viability assays with the Thermo Scientific multimode microplate reader and Reagent Dispenser
This application note describes how to perform a cell viability assay using the Thermo Scientific Varioskan LUX multimode microplate reader and the Thermo Scientific Multidrop Combi reagent dispenser…
Cell viability was measured using the Promega CellTiter-Glo Luminescent Cell Viability Assay. The procedure and performance of the system and the assay were followed after their optimisation.
Cell viability is an important parameter measured in a variety of research areas including drug screening. The CellTiter- Glo Luminescent Cell Viability Assay measures the viability of cells based upon the quantification of cellular ATP levels. The assay relies upon the generation of a ‘glow-type’ luminescent signal which is proportional to the amount of ATP, and thus the number of cells that are present.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Setting up luminometric cell viability assays with the Thermo Scientific multimode microplate reader and Reagent Dispenser
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2017
- Tech note: Practical tips for cellular quantification and imaging using Thermo Scientific Varioskan LUX multimode reader and Invitrogen EVOS FL Auto Cell Imaging System
- Application Note: Exploration of microbial communities using the Thermo Scientific Varioskan LUX Multimode Reader and the Invitrogen EVOS FL Cell Imaging System
- Assays In-Depth Focus 2017