Application note: Setting up luminometric cell viability assays with the Thermo Scientific multimode microplate reader and Reagent Dispenser
This application note describes how to perform a cell viability assay using the Thermo Scientific Varioskan LUX multimode microplate reader and the Thermo Scientific Multidrop Combi reagent dispenser…
Cell viability was measured using the Promega CellTiter-Glo Luminescent Cell Viability Assay. The procedure and performance of the system and the assay were followed after their optimisation.
Cell viability is an important parameter measured in a variety of research areas including drug screening. The CellTiter- Glo Luminescent Cell Viability Assay measures the viability of cells based upon the quantification of cellular ATP levels. The assay relies upon the generation of a ‘glow-type’ luminescent signal which is proportional to the amount of ATP, and thus the number of cells that are present.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Expert view: How high-content platforms keep pace with the changing face of cell-based drug screening
- Product hub: The Thermo Scientific™ CellInsight™ CX7 LZR High Content Analysis System
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2018
- Innovation – Ingrained in the DNA of Ion Torrent products
- Rational drug design: How far have we come?