Drug Target Review – Issue #1 2015
Posted: 9 April 2015 | J.R. Costa, J. Heintze, R. Ketteler, K. Papenfuss, C. Richards, S. Nahnsen, N. Graffman, P. Matz, W.Wruck, J. Adjaye, C. Williams, W. Fecke.
In this issue: Next-Generation Sequencing, Drug Targets, High Throughput Screening, Phenotypic Screening, Stem cells, Label-Free technologies and Assays…
Included in Issue #1 2015 of Drug Target Review:
- Label-Free technologies are explored by Jean-François Masson, Associate professor, University of Montreal Department of Chemistry.
- Assays by Anne-Pascale Luzy, Nicolas Orsini, Jean-Michel Linget and Guy Bouvier, Galderma R&D; and academic High-Throughput Screening by Tim Hammonds, Deputy Director of Discovery at CRT Discovery Laboratories.
- Screening is also the subject of an article by Wolfgang Fecke and Christine Williams of pharmaceutical company UCB, who examine how the research scientist has moved away from ‘phenotypic’ screening in identifying promising new drug candidates.
- Stem cells is the focus of an article written by Nina Graffmann, Peggy Matz, Wasco Wruck and James Adjaye from the Institute for Stem Cell Research and Regenerative Medicine at Heinrich-Heine-University in Düsseldorf, Germany, who discuss the potential benefits of using an induced pluripotent stem cell-based strategy both in drug-induced liver injury and in toxicology.
- Meanwhile, the two exciting In-Depth Focus supplements in this issue feature several articles on Drug Targets and Next-Generation Sequencing.