Episode 9 – rDNA detection with Dr Jorge Haller, Prevail Therapeutics & Dr Mark White, Bio-Rad
This podcast features an exploration of detecting host cell residual DNA in AAV vector production for gene therapy.
In this episode of Drug Target Review‘s podcast, sponsored by Bio-Rad, we discuss adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors used in gene therapy and how to ensure their quality. Dr Jorge Haller, Director and Head of Analytical Development at Prevail Therapeutics and Dr Mark White, Associate Director of Biopharma Product Marketing at Bio-Rad explore how host cell residual DNA (rDNA) can occur and why it is important to detect this in gene therapy vectors.
Click above to listen to Jorge and Mark explore all this, plus the processes such as PCR that can be used to analyse rDNA throughout the production workflow!
Key learning points:
- The importance of ensuring AAV vector quality
- How rDNA can occur in the production process
- How to ensure specific and quantitative results from rDNA analysis
- The challenges of rDNA testing and how they can be overcome
- Emerging technologies that could aid rDNA testing
Make sure you don’t miss any new podcasts from Drug Target Review – sign up here to be notified of releases!