Application note: Cellartis® Power™ Primary HEP Medium – extend functionality of your primary hepatocytes to 4 weeks
Human primary hepatocytes (hphep cells) are the gold standard for in vitro evaluation of drug metabolism, drug-drug interactions, safety assessment of drug candidates, and disease modeling.
However, a significant limitation of hphep cells is their rapid loss of function when cultured in vitro. To enable long-term cultures of primary hepatocytes in user-friendly 2D-culture formats, we developed Cellartis Power Primary HEP Medium (Power HEP medium), a new medium that maintains healthy, functional human primary hepatocytes for up to four weeks in conventional 2D cultures – without the need of overlays or sandwich cultures – overcoming a key limitation of hphep cells. Furthermore, the recommended culture schedule is weekend-free, requiring media changes only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- ebook: Current and emerging strategies for engineered cell therapies: cancer immunotherapy
- Providing new hope for rare disease using non-viral gene therapy
- The promise of cell therapy: scaling up a new treatment paradigm for hearing loss
- Challenges and opportunities: lessons learned in developing potential gene therapy cures
- Leveraging a dual technology platform to develop gene therapies for a range of rare diseases