SMi’s 5th Annual Molecular Diagnostics Conference 2018 agenda released
SMi proudly presents its 5th annual conference on Molecular Diagnostics, taking place at the Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK on 9 and 10 July 2018, with a half-day post-conference workshops on 11 July 2018…
The conference will focus on evaluating the future of diagnostics for rapid detection and improved clinical outcomes.
Event highlights include the analysis of the latest developments in companion diagnostics and discussing the new European In Vitro Diagnostics Regulations. The event will also assess opportunities and novel diagnostic technologies at the point of care, as well as exploring the role of molecular diagnosis in the development of personalised medicine.
Hugues Malonne the Director General, DG Post Autorisation at Federal Agency for Medicines and Health Products based in Belgium will be chairing for the two-day conference.
Hugues will also be giving a presentation on A National Competent Authority’s perspective on IVDR implementation, where he will be discussing what we can do to support the transition to IVDR and how we can structure ourselves to address the upcoming challenges.
Featured Speakers and Presentations:
- Darren Hodgson, Senior Principal Scientist, Lynparza Translational Science Lead & BISCAY Project Leader, AstraZeneca , UK
“Design & delivery of an umbrella study in bladder cancer”
- Matthew Albert, Principal Scientist, Cancer Immunology, Genentech, USA
“System’s Approach to Immune monitoring – A path towards establishing genetic and microbial determinants of human immune variability”
- David Crosby, Head of Early Detection Research, Cancer Research UK, UK
“Cancer Research UK’s strategy in early detection research – precision diagnostics to precision intervention”
- Nicholas Dale, Ted Pridgeon Professor of Neuroscience, University of Warwick and Chief Technology Officer, Director & Founder, Sarissa Biomedical Ltd, UK
“Development of a point of care aid for the rapid diagnosis of stroke”
- Ana Alfirevic, Reader in Pharmacology, The Wolfson Centre for Personalised Medicine,University of Liverpool, UK
“Personalisation of drug treatment to minimise drug toxicity”
- Ashfaq Gilkar, Senior Clinical Analyst, Strategy and Engagement, Essentia Technology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, UK
“Proposal for an ‘online’ virtual clinical investigative ambulance”
For the full agenda and speaker line-up, visit the website to download the brochure at www.molecular-diagnostics-conference.com/PR
Interested in sponsoring, exhibiting or speaking at this event?
Contact Alia Malick, Director, on +44 (0) 20 827 6168 or email [email protected]
For media enquiries, contact Simi Sapal, Marketing on +44 (0) 20 7827 6000 or [email protected]