Whitepaper: Identification of specific PD-L1 Affimer inhibitors with therapeutic potential
Affimer® proteins are unique affinity proteins that exhibit high affinity and high specificity binding across a range of reaction conditions…
Affimer® proteins are unique affinity proteins that exhibit high affinity and high specificity binding across a range of reaction conditions.
This robust scaffold protein is based on the cystatin protein fold and displays two individual peptide loops of variable sequence, offering a predicted total binding surface area of 650-1000 Å. Affimer binders are selected from large in vitro libraries according to their desired characteristics and have been shown to be functional when attached to solid support, easily modifiable with tags, thermally stable and resistant to a wide range of pH. As these novel protein binders have been engineered to lack all post-translational modifications production of high yields can be achieved using simple prokaryotic expression systems. Affimer proteins have been proven to parallel antibodies in their target affinity.
These protein binders can be developed to a wide range of target classes and are exquisitely specific in their binding: they can distinguish between proteins that differ by only a single amino acid, detect subtle changes in protein expression levels even in a multiplexed format, distinguish between multiple closely related protein domains and even detect whether a protein is in an active or inactive conformation.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Avacta Life Sciences
- Whitepaper: Affimer® reagents facilitate affinity chromatography purification of proteins
- Whitepaper: Identification of specific PD-L1 Affimer inhibitors with therapeutic potential
- Interview with Amrik Basran, Chief Scientific Officer at Avacta Life Sciences
- Avacta to develop Affimer reagents to reduce use of animals in research