Application note: KingFisher Presto sample purification system
In this application note Thermo Fisher Scientific compare data from the KingFisher Flex and KingFisher Presto instruments. Our results clearly indicate that the instruments produce equivalent yields and quality of extracted products. DNA extraction from human whole blood is shown as an example…
The Thermo Scientific KingFisher Presto sample purification instrument is the latest addition to the KingFisher family. KingFisher Presto is optimised for automation and offers a whole new level of convenience for nucleic acid, protein and cell extractions for high throughput laboratories that wish to streamline their workflows. The instrument is designed to function as a vital part of an automation line that uses a liquid handler with a gripper or a robot arm for plate transfer, and potentially other devices such as plate sealers or PCR instrumentation.
The KingFisher Presto utilises proven KingFisher magnetic particle-based technology to provide high-quality target nucleic acids and proteins. Its small footprint is ideal for automation and helps to save valuable laboratory space. The KingFisher Presto is optimised for purification processes up to 1ml volume with 96-well format and up to 5ml volume using 24-well plates.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Expert view: How high-content platforms keep pace with the changing face of cell-based drug screening
- Product hub: The Thermo Scientific™ CellInsight™ CX7 LZR High Content Analysis System
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2018
- Innovation – Ingrained in the DNA of Ion Torrent products
- Rational drug design: How far have we come?