Application note: Sensitive fluorometric quantification of DNA in microplate format
This technical note demonstrates the feasibility of using the Thermo Scientific™Fluoroskan™ or Fluoroskan FL instruments with the Invitrogen™ Quant-iT™ dsDNAhigh-sensitivity assays. Sensitive and specific quantification of double-stranded DNA is carried out in microplate format. This is part of a series of technical notes aiming to help customers choose the best reagents and instruments for their sample type, throughput,and expected concentration range.
Fluorescent detection of nucleic acids is much more sensitive than the most commonly used absorbance measurement at 260 nm (A260). The Quant-iT dsDNA assays are well-adapted to high-throughput use, and can be performed either in 96-well or 384-well plates. Samples processed using the Quant-iT dsDNA Assay Kits are read with a fluorometric microplate reader – here using a Fluoroskan or Fluoroskan FL instrument. Data can theoretically be plotted with any graphics software package of the user’s choice. However, Thermo Scientific™ SkanIt™ Software provides ease of use and a range of other benefits.
In combination with Fluoroskan or Fluoroskan FL microplate fluorometers, the Quant-iT reagents provide rapid, specific, and accurate determination of nucleic acid concentrations over a wide range.
Please complete the form below in order to download this application note:
Related content from this organisation
- Expert view: Three-dimensional cell cultures as predictive tools in early drug discovery
- Application Notes supplement 2018
- Application note: Sensitive fluorometric quantification of DNA in microplate format
- Application note: Integrated biologics – Enabling high-throughput drug discovery at Amgen with Thermo Fisher™ Platform for Science™ Software
- Application note: A complete next-generation sequencing workflow for circulating cell-free DNA isolation and analysis