Application note: KingFisher sample purification system
In this application note, Thermo Scientific discuss how their KingFisher instruments are well suited for various NGS sample preparation steps.
Next generation sequencing (hereafter NGS) refers to a high-throughput nucleic acid sequencing technology that is significantly faster and more cost effective compared to former sequencing methods. The technology has revolutionised molecular biology and genomics research and holds great promise for the future of personalised medicine.
Thermo Scientific™ KingFisher™ instruments employ magnetic particle technology for biomolecule purification. Instrument function is based on the transfer of magnetic bead bound samples through successive sets of solutions that are necessary for the extraction protocol. KingFishers are well suited for various NGS sample preparation steps. Since only the bead-sample complex is transferred, the amount of carryover wash buffers or other impurities remains minimal.
KingFisher ready-made protocols with easy-to-use, intuitive BindIt software allow users to quickly and easily set up new protocols or make modifications to existing scripts.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Synthetic biology is ready for the therapeutic limelight
- Advancing novel biotherapeutics based on synthetic biology
- Global high-content screening market set to be worth $2.52bn by 2030
- Application note: Advancing CAR T-cell therapy with CTS TrueCut Cas9 Protein
- Drug Target Review Antibodies ebook 2022