Application note: Multiplexed automated imaging assay for cardiotoxic compounds using the ImageXpress Pico system
There is an increasing need to expand the variety and complexity of cell-based assays for biologic research and drug discovery.
Stem cell-derived cells and tissues have become an increasingly attractive alternative to traditional in vitro and in vivo testing in pharmaceutical drug development and toxicological safety assessment. In this study, Molecular Devices scientists used human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived cardiomyocytes to develop functional and morphological readouts for testing effects of different compounds in a multi-parametric assay format, using the ImageXpress Pico Automated Cell Imaging System.
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Measure viral-induced cytopathic effects with a quantitative luminescence assay
- Application note: High-throughput IgG quantitation platform for clone screening during drug discovery and development
- ebook: Optimise your high value cell lines
- ebook: Accelerate vaccine development
- Video: Imaging and analysis of a 3D airway organoid model