Whitepaper: Evaluating the impact of error rate on productivity and cost savings in synthetic DNA fragments
Surveys and interviews with researchers revealed that less hands on time, an easy-to-use method and a high cloning success rate are important factors to consider to evaluate technologies and vendors for synthetic DNA. To address these needs, we developed Invitrogen™ GeneArt™ High-Q Strings™ DNA Fragments.
These DNA fragments are made using our cutting-edge microchip DNA synthesis platform, resulting in superior accuracy for uncloned DNA fragments. To demonstrate the benefits of this technology, we compared these GeneArt fragments to DNA fragments from two different suppliers and found that the GeneArt technology brings about a 60 percent reduction in cloning effort with up to 30 percent cost savings.
Related content from this organisation
- Designing proteins from scratch with computer science
- Whitepaper: Evaluating the impact of error rate on productivity and cost savings in synthetic DNA fragments
- Expert view: The importance of accurate synthetic DNA fragments
- Expert view: Three-dimensional cell cultures as predictive tools in early drug discovery
- Application Notes supplement 2018