Scientific article: iPSC Cells
An entirely new area of stem cell biology was introduced by Shinya Yamanaka in 2006 when he discovered that somatic cells could revert back to pluripotent-like cells, or induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs).
The use of iPSCs has enabled scientists to model human diseases that were previously impossible to model, such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and autism, without the ethical concerns associated with the use of embryonic stem cells. The field of iPSC technology is growing rapidly, with numerous new discoveries and applications in basic research and drug discovery.
For over a decade, Merck has offered a broad range of innovative tools to support the entire iPSC workflow, including iPSC reprogramming kits, iPSC culture media, human iPSC cell lines, and stem cell genome engineering tools and services. Our range of embryonic stem cell-qualified products provides researchers with convenient and cost-effective solutions for the reliable culture of pluripotent stem cells. Visit www.sigmaaldrich.com/stemcells to learn more.
This scientific article is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Product hub: Light the path to your next neuroscience discovery with a new ultrasensitive NF-L immunoassay
- A high-throughput macrodomain assay to identify coronavirus drugs
- Building a powerful portfolio of sepsis biomarker signatures for therapeutic clinical trials
- Drug Target Review Assays ebook 2022
- Product hub: Stay at the forefront of neuroscience research