Application note: Miniaturisation of an HTRF methyltransferase assay that detects histone modifying activity
High throughput screening is mostly done in pharmaceutical companies that test whole libraries of compounds. Reducing the assay volume will reduce operating costs. At the same time it is necessary to prove that the smaller volume will not have a negative impact on assay sensitivity and reliability.
Assay Miniaturisation have been done using the EPIgeneous™ HTRF® assay from Cisbio. The assay is based on the detection of a histone modifying enzyme. After addition of compounds to the assay well it can be screened which of the compounds have an impact on a certain epigenetic issue.
The assay volume was decreased from 20 µl to as little as 2 µl. The reliable transfer of compounds, samples and reagents have been ensured by the Echo® liquid handler from Labcyte that uses acoustic energy – so no contact or tips are required.
Inhibitor dose-response curves have been obtained in 384-well as well as in 1536-well format showing excellent Z´values of > 0.88.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2019
- Under the microscope: Improving hit discovery efficiency at Europe´s leading screening centre
- Webinar highlights: Cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening in 1536-well plates
- Under the microscope: CROs and microplate reader requirements
- Customer testimonial PHERAstar FSX and CLARIOstar