Application note: Increasing throughput with dual emission AlphaLISA-AlphaPlex assay and simultaneous dual emission detection
Multiplexing AlphaLISA type assays will increase throughput while sample expenditure and costs are minimised. The ability of the PHERAstar FS microplate reader to perform simultaneous dual emission detection of this assay will allow users to double the information obtained from each well in the same amount of time as needed for a single emission assay…
Antibody pairs were selected for each of two protein targets. For each protein target, one of the paired antibodies was conjugated to either AlphaPLEX™ 545 nm acceptor beads or AlphaLISA® acceptor beads. The other antibody of each pair was biotinylated. A mixture containing acceptor beads and biotinylated antibodies for both target proteins was prepared and added to the reaction plates.
After laser excitation two different emission wavelengths were measured using the AlphaLISA SDE optic module. Excellent assay parameter for S/B as well as for Z´ indicate the microplate readers capability to measure Alpha signals simultaneously without compromising data quality.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Screening for optimal association and dissociation rates of ligands using a live cell binding assay
- Expert view: Promising methods in kinase screening
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2019
- Under the microscope: Improving hit discovery efficiency at Europe´s leading screening centre
- Webinar highlights: Cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening in 1536-well plates