Application note: Assess cell viability and proliferation with colorimetric readouts
Posted: 29 October 2019 | Molecular Devices | No comments yet
MTT and Cell Cytotoxicity assay kits from Abcam can both be used to measure cell proliferation (viable cells) and cytotoxicity. The choice of which assay to use is mainly based on the desired workflow and time required to complete an assay.
In this application note, scientists from Molecular Devices compare an MTT assay to the colorimetric Cell Cytotoxicity Assay to assess for both experimental efficacy as well as overall workflow efficiency and time required to run the assays. The data was acquired using the SpectraMax® ABS Plus Microplate Reader.
- Reduce hands-on time with a single-reagent alternative method
- Obtain convenient colorimetric readouts
- Assay as few as 300 cells per sample
Related content from this organisation
- Episode 15 – Minimise variability issues in your organoids
- Episode 14 – Complex assays with Ian Shoemaker, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences & Dr Oksana Sirenko, Molecular Devices
- Episode 12 – ELISA assays with Dr Ana Miletic and Anna Dey, Kyowa Kirin & Dr Cathy Olsen, Molecular Devices
- Molecular Devices and HeartBeat.bio announce collaboration to automate and scale cardiac organoids for high-throughput screening in drug discovery
- Episode 11 – CRISPR with Dr Jakob Haaber, SNIPR Biome & Dr Richard Fox, Infinome Biosciences