Application note: Assess cell viability and proliferation with colorimetric readouts
MTT and Cell Cytotoxicity assay kits from Abcam can both be used to measure cell proliferation (viable cells) and cytotoxicity. The choice of which assay to use is mainly based on the desired workflow and time required to complete an assay.
In this application note, scientists from Molecular Devices compare an MTT assay to the colorimetric Cell Cytotoxicity Assay to assess for both experimental efficacy as well as overall workflow efficiency and time required to run the assays. The data was acquired using the SpectraMax® ABS Plus Microplate Reader.
- Reduce hands-on time with a single-reagent alternative method
- Obtain convenient colorimetric readouts
- Assay as few as 300 cells per sample
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Measure cancer cell viability using a homogeneous, stable luminescence assay
- eBook: Streamline beer, wine, and food quality control and safety analyses
- Application note: Detect endotoxin with the PyroGene Recombinant Factor C Assay
- Application note: Assess cell viability and proliferation with colorimetric readouts
- Application note: Streamline BCA-based protein quantitation on the SpectraMax iD5 reader