Application note: Accurate affinity profiling of a SARS-CoV-2 antibody in serum
In this application note, Fluidic Analytics show that by using MDS on the Fluidity One-W Serum we can accurately detect and characterise the binding affinity of antibodies to virus proteins directly in human serum.
The ability to accurately characterise the immune response against SARS-CoV-2 is of vital importance in managing the current COVID-19 pandemic. Measuring antibody affinity under physiologically relevant conditions in complex mixtures like serum remains challenging but is critically important to furthering our understanding of the immune response and protection window in patients and vaccinated individuals. Using microfluidic diffusional sizing (MDS), we have characterised an anti-spike S1 antibody by measuring its binding affinity to the receptor binding domain (RBD) of the SARS-CoV-2 Spike (S) protein directly in serum.
Related content from this organisation
- Targeting SARS-CoV-2 replication with inhibitors of lipid metabolism
- Improving drug discovery with advanced targeted proteomic monitoring workflows
- Product hub: Presenting the Fluidity One-W Serum
- Exploring the intra-protein non-covalent interactions in the S1 domain of the SARS-CoV-2 S1 Spike protein
- Adding to the arsenal: targeting human proteins for controlling M. tuberculosis growth