Janssen and GSK provide keynote addresses at Controlled Release Delivery 2017
Returning to Central London for the 14th year, SMi’s Controlled Release Delivery conference will take place on the 3rd & 4th of April 2017…
The two day conference will provide attendees with 5+ hours of networking time, an exclusive post-conference workshop and 16 thought provoking presentations covering the topics of; innovations in drug delivery; nanoparticles, nanomedicine & QbD, CNS drug delivery and therapeutic applications.
Hear from Merck, Novartis, Janssen, Actelion, GSK, Boehringer Ingelheim and many more as they evaluate: generic drug development, biopharmaceutical approaches, oral bioavailability and parenteral drug delivery.
Keynote addresses for Controlled Release Delivery 2017:
René Holm, Head and Scientific Director, Liquids & Parenterals, from Janssen will be presenting on ‘Lipid suspensions – how, when and with what?’ René will discuss:
- What is a lipid based suspension and how could it look from a commercialisation perspective?
- When can lipid based suspensions be used to improve the oral bioavailability?
- How large a proportion of the compound needs to be solubilised in the lipid phase?
- What excipients to use for lipid based formulation?
Mark Wilson, Director, Technology Licensing, PTS from GlaxoSmithKline will be speaking on ‘The development and commercialisation of drug delivery systems: Challenges and opportunities’, where he will provide attendees with information on the following:
- GSK’s experiences in developing technologies
- The collaborative “open innovation” approach
- Commercialisation challenges – finding the breakthrough application
- Examples of successful development and exploitation projects
- GSK’s approach to working with other organisations
A full speaker line-up and detailed conference agenda is available to download online at www.controlledreleasedelivery.com/dtr . For those looking to attend, there is currently a £100 discount available which expires on 28th February 2017.
Controlled Release Delivery
Strengthening innovation and overcoming the challenging regulatory landscape
3rd & 4th April 2017
Sponsored by: Avanti Polar Lipids, Buchi, Data Detection Technologies, Precision NanoSystems and Sirius Analytical
For all media enquiries contact Zoe Gale on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6032 / Email: [email protected]
To sponsor, speak or exhibit at the conference, contact Alia Malick on Tel: +44 (0)20 7827 6168 / Email: [email protected]