Whitepaper: Automatic calculation of HeLa cell culture confluency
Cell confluency is a key parameter for all cell biologists as it is the beginning of all other cell culture experiment such as transfection, cell-based assays and cell culture quality control…
To obtain the maximum efficiency of transfection and avoid using expensive reagents for nothing, the cell confluency needs to be calculate with accuracy. Today, the majority of cell biologists estimate the cell confluency in culture flasks in a subjective way, looking at the amount of space covered by cells.
Protocols using hematocytometers or specific dying (Trypan blue) can be used but it requires an extra step.
InCellis® from Bertin Technologies is used to observe the cells and calculate the cell confluency directly on the bench thanks to the specific and dedicated application “Cell Confluency”.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Virus-laden particle detection in the air
- Whitepaper: Optimised homogenisation for virus studies
- Whitepaper: How to address the versatile challenges of neurosciences?
- Whitepaper: Best Practices in Microorganisms Sample Preparation with Precellys® Homogenizers
- Whitepaper: Cell Culture Confluency Calculation with Incellis®