Application note: LANCE Ultra TR-FRET – based detection and modulation of Phosphorylated STAT3 levels in human cells
In this application note, PerkinElmer demonstrates how LANCE® Ultra, a homogeneous assay format, can be used to quickly and accurately assess modulation of pSTAT3.
The STAT (Signal Transducers and Activators of Transcription) family of proteins have important roles in cell survival and proliferation. Specifically, STAT3 has been identified as an important therapeutic target due to the face that it is constitutively active in a range of cancer cell lines and human tumors. Therefore, fast and easy methods for screening inhibitors of STAT3 activation are highly desirable.
LANCE (Lanthanide chelate excite) Ultra time-resolved fluorescence resonance energy transfer (TR-FRET), is a homogeneous (no wash) technology. One protein of interest is labelled with a donor fluorophore (a LANCE Europium chelate) and the second protein is labelled with an acceptor fluorophore (ULight™ dye). Upon excitation at 320 or 340 nm, energy can be transferred from the donor Europium chelate to the acceptor fluorophore if sufficiently close for FRET (~10 nm). This results in the emission of light at 665 nm
Here we show that LANCE Ultra cell-based assays provide a fast, powerful, homogeneous platform for screening potential kinase inhibitors in a variety of human cells.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Assays In-Depth Focus 2018
- Expert view: Assays to measure the potency of therapeutic antibodies used in combination with other drugs for Immuno‑Oncology treatments
- Application Note: Evaluating the specificity and potency of PD-1 and PD-L1 blocking antibodies using AlphaLISA human and mouse PD-1/PD-L1 binding kits
- Application Note: ATPlite assay performance in human primary cells
- Tech note: Detection of immune checkpoint markers in peripheral blood mononuclear cell lysates with AlphaLISA