Application Note: Alpha Terbium SureFire Ultra Multiplex: simultaneous dual phosphoprotein target analysis
In this application note, PerkinElmer demonstrates the measurement of two phosphoprotein targets in a single sample using the Alpha Terbium SureFire Ultra kit combined with the AlphaLISA SureFire Ultra kit…
Protein phosphorylation is a very useful readout of cellular activation or inhibition, and these pathways are commonly targeted for therapeutic modulation of disease. Examples include modulation of cell surface receptors, such as GPCRs or receptor tyrosine kinases, by antibodies or small molecules, and of intracellular kinases by cell permeable drugs. Furthermore, measurement of more than one cellular target can provide greater confidence of positive compound hits on the cellular target of interest, through examination of an unrelated pathway or an upstream target that should be unaffected by the drug. The ability to measure more than one target within a single well of an assay in combination with the benefits of a homogenous, high throughput assay would be very valuable to screening programs.
The Alpha SureFire Ultra Multiplex assay was developed to do just that. This assay is the only phosphoprotein multiplexing platform available that is truly homogenous and high throughput. The Alpha SureFire Ultra Multiplex assays are divided into two categories. Here we describe the implementation of multiplexing using a combination of these two types of kits, the Terbium SureFire Ultra and the AlphaLISA SureFire Ultra kit, and provide example data to show assay performance.
The rest of this application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Webinar highlights: Harmonising drug-target binding data analytics on a single platform
- Webinar preview: Compliance with data integrity and computerised system validations
- Harmonising drug-target binding data analytics on a single platform
- Compliance with data integrity and computerised system validations
- Assays In-Depth Focus 2018