Application note: Cellular dopamine and intracellular calcium signaling using the next generation HTS microplate reader
This application note highlights the direct optic bottom reading performance of the BMG LABTECH microplate readers in two different cell-based fluorescence intensity assays from Invitrogen.
First, the intracellular calcium response to histamine was measured in HEK 293 cells using the Fluo-4 Direct™ Calcium Assay. Advanced high resolution cell layer scanning shows a correlation with the calcium signal and cell location in the well. Second, arrestin recruitment through activation of the dopamine D1 receptor with dopamine (D1 agonist) was measured using Tango™ D1-bla U2OS cells and a live cell FRET substrate (LiveBLAzer™). The fluorescent signal generated in the cells by the LiveBLAzer™ substrate greatly benefits from the PHERAstar®’s unique bottom read dual emission detection.
This application note proves the PHERAstar’s suitability for GPCR-related drug discovery research that is supported by its direct optic bottom reading; dual emission detection; injection at the point of measurement; high resolution well scanning and orbital averaging.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Under the microscope: Improving hit discovery efficiency at Europe´s leading screening centre
- Webinar highlights: Cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening in 1536-well plates
- Under the microscope: CROs and microplate reader requirements
- Customer testimonial PHERAstar FSX and CLARIOstar
- Application note: PHERAstar® measures AlphaScreen assay to develop selective inhibitors for the human YEATS domains