Application note: PHERAstar® measures AlphaScreen assay to develop selective inhibitors for the human YEATS domains
YEATS domains are epigenetic regulators and are recognised as readers of histone post-translational modifications (HPTM) alongside bromodomains, PHD fingers, and others.
YEATS domains bind to lysine when the ε-carbon is acetylated or crotonylated. The YEATS-containing ENL links histone acetylation to active transcription and is a major driver of several types of acute leukaemia. Hence, ENL is a rational drug target to attenuate aberrant cell growth and malignancy.
An AlphaScreen assay that reports on the interaction of modified histone 3 with the YEATS domains of different proteins such as ENL was developed. The inhibitor screening was performed on a PHERAstar® microplate reader and uncovered a potent small molecule inhibitor interfering with the YEATS domains of ENL and AF9.
The PHERAstar FSX provided a powerful and versatile platform for the drug discovery campaign. Here, the inhibitor screening of tens of thousands of compounds for inhibiting the YEATS domain with an AlphaScreen® approach resulted in the identification of a potent small molecule inhibitor.
The rest of this content is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Under the microscope: Improving hit discovery efficiency at Europe´s leading screening centre
- Webinar highlights: Cell-based and biochemical high-throughput screening in 1536-well plates
- Under the microscope: CROs and microplate reader requirements
- Customer testimonial PHERAstar FSX and CLARIOstar
- Application note: PHERAstar® measures AlphaScreen assay to develop selective inhibitors for the human YEATS domains