HCA Application note: New way of measuring synaptic function
High-content analysis: monitoring neurite morphology and synapse formation in primary neurons for neurotoxicity assessments and drug screening.
Synapse formation during nervous system development and degeneration in the pathogenesis of human neurological diseases are highly regulated processes. Subtle changes in the environment of the complexneuronal network may cause either breakdown or creationof synaptic connections. Drug discovery screening for neurological diseases and compound neurotoxicity evaluation would benefit from robust, automated, quantitative in vitro assays that monitor neuronal function.
[pdf-embedder url=”https://www.drugtargetreview.com/wp-content/uploads/COL31500-neurite-morphology-synapse-formation-app-note-linked.pdf” title=”Thermo Fisher Scientific – new way of measuring synaptic function”]
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Evaluation of hepatic function in 3D culture
- Application note: Hypoxia measurements in live and fixed cells
- Application note: High-throughput imaging and analysis of spheroids
- Application note: Oxidative Stress Measurements Made Easy
- Application note: Understanding Cell Death by High Content Analysis
High Content Analysis from ThermoFisher Scientific