Whitepaper: Remdesivir: The technologies behind the discovery
Remdesivir is being prescribed under FDA emergency use authorisation as a treatment for patients with COVID-19.
The investigational antiviral drug remdesivir is produced by Gilead Sciences under the brand name Veklury®(remdesivir). It was first investigated in 2014 as a potential treatment for Ebola virus disease (EVD) and was found to be an effective disruptor of virus replication.
Today, remdesivir is being prescribed under FDA emergency use authorization as a treatment for patients with COVID-19. It is also presently in numerous clinical trials worldwide.
Related content from this organisation
- Global high-content screening market set to be worth $2.52bn by 2030
- Assays for protein degradation therapeutics to accelerate undruggable proteome discoveries
- Lab automation market set to increase at CAGR of seven percent
- Brochure: Biologics workflow solutions brochure
- Brochure: Viral research solutions