App Note: Confocal HCS of 3D spheroids for cancer therapeutics
In this application note you will learn more about how you can overcome the challenges of developing robust 3D spheroid assays…
There is a growing interest in using 3D spheroids to screen for potential cancer therapeutics as they are believed to mimic tumor behavior more effectively than 2D cell cultures. However, there have been some challenges in developing robust spheroid assays, specifically:
- Locating and focusing on the spheroid in every well so it can be imaged in a single FOV
- Optimizing compound and staining treatment to ensure dye penetration and avoid disturbing the spheroid placement
- Acquiring representative images throughout the 3D structure, minimizing out-of-focus or background signal from above and below the imaging plane
- Analyzing images rapidly to yield meaningful and conclusive results
In this application note, you will learn more about these challenges and how they can be addressed using the new ImageXpress® Micro Confocal High-Content Imaging System from Molecular Devices, thus enabling rapid imaging and analysis of 3D spheroids in microplates.
This application note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Application note: Measure viral-induced cytopathic effects with a quantitative luminescence assay
- Application note: High-throughput IgG quantitation platform for clone screening during drug discovery and development
- ebook: Optimise your high value cell lines
- ebook: Accelerate vaccine development
- Video: Imaging and analysis of a 3D airway organoid model