Whitepaper: Advancing therapeutic antibody discovery with multiplexed screening
In this whitepaper, IntelliCyt Corporation describe how the iQue Screener is used to perform multiplexed screens for antibody binding to either cell surface or to circulating target antigens…
Antibody-based therapeutics are the fastest growing and most successful therapeutic modality for treating diseases such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disorders and infectious disease. It is predicted that by the year 2020 there will be 70 therapeutic antibodies on the market, generating revenue of $125 billion. The success of this class of drugs stems from innovative technical advances in antibody engineering and development, including display screening technologies, bispecific antibodies, and antibody drug conjugates. These technical innovations, combined with significant scientific advancements toward our understanding of the complex molecular mechanisms underlying human disease, present new opportunities for improving human health with antibody therapeutics.
The continued advancement in this field is dependent on the successful discovery and development of novel therapeutic antibody candidates. These efforts are being driven by scientists in discovery labs from pharma, biotech and academics, who need powerful tools that can deliver rapid, multifactorial results to fully understand the ability of candidate antibodies to interrupt the cellular and molecular processes leading to disease states. In this white paper, we describe how the iQue Screener, the fastest suspension based high throughput screening system available, is used to perform multiplexed screens for antibody binding to either cell surface or to circulating target antigens. We will also discuss the use of the same platform to carry out high content assays to evaluate the effects of lead candidates in multiplexed cell based and secreted protein assays.
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Whitepaper: Addressing the challenges in biologics discovery with advanced flow cytometry
- Article: Immuno-oncology: Pushing the frontier of discovery through advanced high throughput flow cytometry
- Application note: A kinase inhibitor phenotypic screen using a multiplex T Cell activation assay
- Training and development in flow cytometry and other core technologies
- Expert view: Opportunities in flow cytometry