Whitepaper: Phenotypic drug discovery with high content screening
Reasons for phenotypic vs. target based drug discovery strategies, challenges of and maximising return of phenotypic assays.
Turn subtle phenotypic responses into robust discoveries
Today’s drug discovery strategies require candidate compounds to fail early and cheaply in the discovery stage, rather than late and expensively in the clinical phase. Testing compounds from the beginning in physiologically relevant model systems and leveraging rich information from image-based screens are ways to focus on those compounds that give rise to the right phenotypic changes without undesirable effects on the system.
High Content Screening with detailed multiparametric assays in conjunction with powerful data visualisation and machine-learning tools provide a promising way to achieve this goal and turn phenotypic data into robust discoveries.
In this white paper, learn about:
- Why you should consider phenotypic vs. target based drug discovery strategies
- Challenges you should be aware of for phenotypic assays
How to maximise the return on your phenotypic assays
This whitepaper is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!