Application note: Cell line development: accelerating antibody discovery by monitoring titre and glycosylation with the Octet® platform
Cell line development typically includes the screening of thousands of clones to identify the few that are stable, grow as expected and produce high yields of the bioproduct.
The time it takes from engineering an optimal cell line to production of the target biologic can, however, be prohibitive and may differ from molecule to molecule. While expression level analysis like titre screening is carried out early on, other critical quality attributes such as glycan characterisation are often only assessed later in the development process, due to a lack of appropriate high-throughput analytical techniques that are suitable to perform quick screens.
Related content from this organisation
- Expert view – The Octet HTX system: enabling multi-purpose screening of therapeutic biologics during development
- Screening In-Depth Focus 2019
- Hitting the target – utilising recombinant antibodies for viral research
- Evaluation of therapeutic antibody discovery technologies
- Application note: Cell line development: accelerating antibody discovery by monitoring titre and glycosylation with the Octet® platform