Application note: Validated quantitation and activity assay of antibody fragment molecule (Fab) for process development and quality control
This application note by ForteBio explores antibody fragment molecule (Fab) for process development and quality control.
The analytical group at Boehringer Ingelheim, Fremont, US, needed a robust assay to measure the biological activity of an antibody fragment (Fab) molecule for in-process testing, as well as stability and lot release testing in their quality control (QC) department.
Octet platform solution
The group was able to develop a working Fab activity assay on the Octet® RED system in less than a week. Relative to the overnight incubation and four-hour assay time of their ELISA protocol, the Octet assay provided an analysis time of only one hour per 96-well microplate, including sample preparation time.
Related content from this organisation
- A label-free imaging technique for drug evaluation at single‑cell level
- Bispecific antibodies: the next generation of immuno-oncology drugs
- Oncology meets immunology – antibody-mediated regulation of the immune response
- Antibody therapeutics for COVID-19
- Defusing antibody neutralisers in AAV gene therapy