Tech note: Fast, simple, homogeneous assays for characterisation of Fc receptor binding using AlphaLISA
AlphaLISA® provides a robust assay that facilitates the design and development of antibody therapeutics.
Once an antibody binds to its target, the subsequent binding of the fragment crystallizable gamma receptors (FcGRs) and neonatal Fc receptors (FcRn) is a crucial step for the initiation and control of cell-mediated effector functions of the immune system. During early drug development, as potential therapeutic antibodies are selected and engineered, changes in Fc receptor affinity can be indicative of changes in effector function and serum half-life. Furthermore, when measured in scaled-up production, binding of therapeutic antibodies to Fc receptors can serve as a metric for quality control (QC).
In this technical note, we show that AlphaLISA Fc receptor binding kits enable fast, simple measurement of Fc receptor binding with no wash steps and no separation steps.
This tech note is restricted - login or subscribe free to access
Thank you for visiting our website. To access this content in full you'll need to login. It's completely free to subscribe, and in less than a minute you can continue reading. If you've already subscribed, great - just login.
Why subscribe? Join our growing community of thousands of industry professionals and gain access to:
- quarterly issues in print and/or digital format
- case studies, whitepapers, webinars and industry-leading content
- breaking news and features
- our extensive online archive of thousands of articles and years of past issues
- ...And it's all free!
Related content from this organisation
- Global high-content screening market set to be worth $2.52bn by 2030
- Assays for protein degradation therapeutics to accelerate undruggable proteome discoveries
- Lab automation market set to increase at CAGR of seven percent
- Brochure: Biologics workflow solutions brochure
- Brochure: Viral research solutions