Application note: See what’s really in your formulation with backgrounded membrane imaging
Backgrounded Membrane Imaging (BMI), used by the HORIZON® particle analysis system, performs measurements of subvisible protein aggregates.
When studying the impact of protein aggregate refractive index, IgG protein aggregates analysed on both the HORIZON® instrument and flow imager systems produced equivalent particle count trends. However, the HORIZON® system was more sensitive (measured more overall counts) and had overall lower variability with average CVs of 14.4 percent compared to the flow imager which produced average CVs of 20.1 percent. The differences in variability and counts were most pronounced at lower concentrations and size range respectively.
Related content from this organisation
- Complete aggregate and particle characterisation of protein, gene and cell therapies
- Drug Target Review Cell and Gene Therapy eBook 2023
- Application note: Revolutionising drug formulations with polysorbate detection
- Brochure: Particle analysis re-imagined with the Aura™
- On-demand webinar: Protein or not? Advanced high throughput aggregate analysis