Product hub: A cost, time and labour-saving protein purification platform
In February 2021, US biotech company GenScript launched an updated version of its semi-automated system, AmMag™ SA Plus.
The AmMag™ SA Plus system is designed to automate protein or antibody purification using magnetic beads. The instrument is capable of using 50ml tubes and can purify up to 12 samples simultaneously within one hour. Compared with traditional resin-based purification systems, it eliminates the need for centrifugation and filtration when treating samples, and results in hours saved during pre-processing. In combination with GenScript’s antibody or recombinant protein binding magnetic beads, the system offers a high throughput for protein and antibody purification.
Related content from this organisation
- Cancer immunotherapy drug discovery outsourcing size to increase globally
- Under the microscope: Keying into UK biosciences – GenScript Biotech operations lands in Oxford
- Analysing proteomics data to translate in vivo studies as early as possible
- CRISPR-Cas9-based gene dropout screens: a powerful platform for drug discovery
- The diversity of synthetic biology applications